BY: PASTOR GARY HELLENDER
This morning in prayer I was reminded of a verse that I would like to share with you.
Psalm 90:12 “So teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
As I thought on this verse I prayed to make more lasting memories, GODLY memories with my sons who will carry on when I am gone to be with JESUS in Heaven. We are not promised forever in this body.
What is the focus of your life?
Many are grieving during this time and have heavy loads. I just received a text from a close friend whose 17 year old nephew was murdered yesterday. I went to get my haircut this week and ended up listening and praying for a woman whose grandmother (who was more like a mother) had recently passed away and her father is fighting stage 4 cancer.
I have also heard from 2 friends who have shared with me this week how THE LORD has comforted them by reminding them of memories of answered prayers for loved ones who died recently, but had responded to JESUS’ Love and gave their lives to HIM, trusting HIM as their LORD and SAVIOUR. What a comfort to know they will see them again.
I could share more…..
- It is wise to remember our time on this earth is short. (Where is your focus? On you? On THE LORD? On others?)
- Make the most of the time you have been given. There is a judgement day and a Day of Rewards for those who are Believers and know JESUS.
- Get to know JESUS as LORD.
- Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted. Believers have a PROMISE of Comfort from THE LORD.
- If you are grieving, please reach out.
- Don’t feel guilty for grieving either. Different people process grief and loss differently.
- There are resources and people who can help if you let them.
Please pray with me: “Dear LORD JESUS, please help me to number my days and gain wisdom, focusing on YOU and Others to be a blessing. I put my faith in YOU as my LORD. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. Help me to walk with YOU and be with and Comfort those who are grieving. Thank YOU for YOUR promise of comfort. In JESUS Name, Amen. “
Thinking of You!
For Prayer: Go to the “Contact Us” Tab and send us your prayer requests and your praise reports.