Please enjoy this article from our Associate Pastor, Gary Hellender:
This morning I had the privilege of listening and praying with and for a group of nurses as one of their own had gone to be with JESUS in Heaven.
As I prayed to prepare and ask what HE wanted me to share, I was reminded of JESUS’ words in John Chapter 14:1-4 (which Pete shared with us earlier this week ):
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in GOD, believe also in ME. In MY FATHER’s House (Dwelling Place) are many mansions; If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and Receive you to MYSELF, that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know and the way you know.”
The Bigger Picture
- JESUS was telling HIS Friends that HE was going to die (for us) and that it was a GOOD thing.
- HIS Friends only saw one side of the equation. Loss. Separation. So HE shared the Bigger Picture…What’s on the Other Side.
- JESUS gives us a promise, a PROMISE only GOD can give “I AM coming back for You” and “Where I AM, You may be also.” Together Forever.
- JESUS told them they know the way. HIS Friends didn’t get it at first…didn’t understand the way was not a route, but a person…JESUS HIMSELF.
JESUS is the destination.
- You may not know how to get to Heaven, but if you know JESUS you can experience some Heaven now and know you will be there when you die.(In this way, death has no more sting.)
Grieving is normal, necessary. To quote Sergio Torres today, “When we grieve we remember someone…honor someone.” On this side of eternity, we do suffer loss and we should not try to hide our pain but to remember.
The GOOD NEWS is our pain, our loss, our separation is only temporary. To those who know JESUS, eternal life with JESUS, friends and family awaits.
HE’s been there. HE promised. So grieve, but also remember it is temporary.
Let’s Pray: “FATHER GOD, I put my faith in JESUS CHRIST as my LORD and Savior. THANK YOU for not only sending HIM to die for my sins, but to show me The WAY…to live, to life, to HEAVEN and for THE PROMISE HE shared of eternal life…with HIM and all those who put their trust in YOU.